- 100% green energy use in our winery, in part supplied by our own array of 159 solar panels. The size of our array means we export a signficant amount of solar energy to the grid, contributing to the overall growth in green energy use by others.
- Extensive insulation of our winery and bottle store to minimize energy consumption
- Adaptation of wine making practices to significantly reduce on-site energy use. We have halved our energy use over the last few years.
- Year-round maintenance of grass cover in alleys and headlands to reduce soil erosion and compaction.
- Use of sheep over winter in the vineyard to control ground cover and provide manure
- Under vine cultivation to reduce use of herbicides
- Mulching of all vine prunings in the vineyard alleys to add back soil nutrients and organic matter so reducing our need for additional inputs
- Application of green compost to improve soil structure and fertility. We are also now planting ‘green manures’ to further build our soils organic matter levels.
- Extensive soil nutrient mapping and band application equipment ensure we only add chemical nutrients exactly when and where required.